Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Resolutions were made to be broken? ... Already


In Resolution news, I have nearly ruined any progress my 7-day cleanse may have initiated.  We went to Dylan's Cafe yesterday for lunch - and how am I to go to a French restaurant and not eat ham, bechamel and cheese... Ok, and a crepe for dessert (they made it with Nutella annnnnd white chocolate... Seeeeriously???) 
                           Check out Dylan's Deli here for further temptation... 

And, I havent worked out once in 2013.  This is why people dont make resolutions.  In case it matters (and I tend to believe that it does), good food may present a threat to my resolutions, but it also makes me so so happy (and isn't that important too???)

I did actually attempt my first workout of 2013 today... a friend of mine invited me to meet her at a workout class and then do drinks after.  Ok, social time followed by booze - you've sold me, and I'm working out.  Unfortunately she had to cancel, but I decided to go anyway, primarily because I paid in advance.  


So, I stayed in the office until 6:45, brought workout clothes, changed at work, and went to the class on my own.  I, in true Lori fashion, got lost (going somewhere I have been approximately 50 times), and was late to class.  In further Lori fashion, once I was there (five minutes) late, I refused to go in due to the likelihood of embarrassment -- and so I turned right back around and went home.   I guess I could have gone straight to the gym in my building... instead, I poured a drink and turned on the telly.  Better luck next time...

Ben and I have been looking for houses (to rent -- more about this later), which has become us looking at houses and then going out to lunch every day.  Ben regularly dines out for lunch but I'm pretty good about eating in... the issue is, I am fine eating in and having the same thing every day for lunch.... but, the minute you get me out at a good restaurant (see prior words regarding French delis), I refuse to accept a salad as an acceptable meal.  Today, we landed at the Italian Beefstro.  You did not read that incorrectly.  




It is this little gem of a place
<-----------

... full of sandwiches recognized for their deliciousness....




And I had something like THIS....










                 Sigh... anyway, tomorrow is a new day... pretty sure I know how to make it to the Barre class for now so we will hope we are disaster-free and can maybe be less than a total embarrassment to our own resolutions...

No comments:

Post a Comment